Android Developer Interview Questions
Android Developers are responsible for designing and improving mobile applications on the Android platform. You’re looking for experienced developers who show a particular interest in mobile technology and advanced applications.
During your interview process, you can focus on your candidates’ portfolio and experience to identify those who can add value to your company by implementing innovative ideas. You can also use these questions, along with an assignment, to test your candidates’ ability to write functional code and design user-friendly applications.
Keep an eye out for candidates who try to follow emerging technology trends and enjoy participating in seminars. Your ideal candidates, who should move on the next phase of your hiring process, are the ones who demonstrate a desire to learn and can think of creative ways to use mobile technology to achieve business objectives.
- How do you handle a disfunction in screen reorientation?
- How do you find memory leaks in Android applications?
- How do you troubleshoot a crashing application?
- What interfaces would you choose to create a user-friendly application?
- Which Android Developer tools have you experienced working with?
- What’s the difference between implicit and explicit intent?
- What are the advantages of using Java (Android SDK)? Mention any other languages you are familiar with.
- What are the key components in Android architecture?
- Can you change an application’s name after its deployment?
- Mention the Android frameworks you have used most.
- What security best practices do you know?
- If you were asked to review an existing application, what process would you follow?
- Which application from your portfolio are you most proud of?
- Describe a situation where you collaborated with developers and engineers to debug an application. What was your role?
- What’s the first application you would like to design for our company?
- Describe a situation where you designed new features to make an application run faster.
- What resources do you use to get informed about mobile technology?
- What’s the last application you installed on your smartphone?