Are you a candidate?
Medical Assistant Interview Questions
Medical Assistant interview questions and answers – Medical Assistants are in high demand. You’ll have a lot of applicants for this role, and they’ll typically have accredited medical assistant training. It is possible to work as a medical assistant without certification, but some employers will require certification for tasks such as drawing blood. Previous hands-on medical assistant experience is highly desirable for this role.
These candidates are frequently hired for primary health care centers. In rural or inner-city clinics, medical assistants often practice medicine under the supervision of a physician. Their role is to assist the physician in all day-to-day activities. These include scheduling appointments, communicating with pharmacists, overseeing medical supplies, and directly serving patients and their families.
The candidate you hire must be organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and empathetic. Use the following interview questions to distinguish practical experience from theoretical experience. In addition to actual experience as a medical assistant, top candidates will have researched your facility and will talk about why they are the most equipped to serve patients in your community.
Operational and Situational questions
- Describe the medical training you have and how it relates to this position.
- What work experience outside medicine do you have that might help you do well in this position?
- How would you document my medical history?
- What kinds of medical procedures have you assisted with?
- How do you assist physicians in overseeing medical equipment and supplies?
- A pharmacist calls to request a medication refill for a patient. What information should you ask for?
- Describe your experience with phlebotomy.
- Have you ever performed ECG?
- How do you set up an IV fluid line?
- How have you protected the rights and confidentiality of patients?
- Describe a time you resolved a conflict with a difficult patient.
- What would you do if you didn’t know how to answer a patient’s question?
- How much do you know about our facility and the community we serve?