Assistant Editor Job at Emotion – Emotion Press – We are the Nigerian publisher of several highly acclaimed and award winning titles distributed in Africa, Europe and North America. Established in 2011, we are strongly bent on projecting young voices to the world literary stage through our innovative and affordable publishing packages.
Assistant Editor Job at Emotion
Emotion Press, we strongly believe posterity is busy knocking on our individual doors to be refined and projected.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant Editor
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Editorial Assistant is responsible for supporting the editorial and author acquisition processes of the company’s titles
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the review process for all manuscripts submitted to assigned titles against a very particular checklist generated by the client
- Work under deadline to ensure timely publication of materials
- Work closely with the Managing Editor or Client Manager to develop a working knowledge of all editorial processes.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and clients
- Maintain editorial process guidelines and style guides
- Track submissions through the editorial process
- Respond to author inquiries via e-mail in a timely manner
- Check proofs and web files; ensuring that graphic figures and tables meet publication requirements.
- Liaise with editors and represent the company in a professional manner
- Tracks all billable client hours and reports on a semi-monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1 – 2 years book editing/writing experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and thoroughness a must
- Team-oriented attitude
- Motivated self-starter.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job position as the subject of the mail.
N/B: Do not pay for any thing before going for interview.