Customer Service Representative Job Description
Customer Service Representative – Eatonia, SK, CA
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experiences make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Receive customers, answer their questions regarding product availability and commodity/service prices, complete order forms for orders given, and received payments for sales made
- Work with operations staff and customers via telephone, in person, or by email, to complete the product bookings and/or product orders and forward them to operations staff for shipment when required
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, monitors accounts receivable, accounts payable, and credit limits
- Receive and post payments to customer accounts – while ensuring 100% accuracy
- Print Daily Reports as required under Policy and Procedures including the “End of Day Report”, and “Payments Listing”
- Reconcile cheque and credit card payments daily
- Maintain confidential office records and files covering daily transactions made at the facility that includes customer invoices, stock transfers, and shipment notices
- Assist with National Safety Code file submission and maintenance and corporate Environment Health and Safety Program, as required
- Track staff training, submit required paperwork to Asmark, and complete Monthly Meeting Minutes and/or Site Inspections
- Assist with the new hire and re-hire paperwork and maintain confidential employee files for each employee as required by the Human Resources Department
- Complete administrative correspondence as required; including but not limited to letters, memos, and emails
- Plan and set up branch displays as required
- Compile and provide information on items such as stocks in store, product sales, prices, shipments, and accounts outstanding as requested by the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager
- Assist with inventory control by tracking inventory coming in and going out of the location. Prepare stock transfers and product orders as required
- Assist with inventory spot checks and monthly/yearly inventory cut-offs
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Open and distribute incoming mail and packages, and direct outgoing mail daily
- Assist location in the receipt of shipments of supplies and/or inventory
- Check shipments for damaged articles, quality and quantity of merchandise received, and places goods in designated storage areas as required
- Restock shelves from stock room supplies and, upon approval of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, orders stock that has reached a low level
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties
- Perform the responsibilities of other market area positions during staff absences to optimize the efficiency of market area operations
- Perform other related duties as required
What you will bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of farm supply products and services is a definite asset
- Computer and keyboarding skills; Demonstrated ability in the use of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with branch personnel, peers, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to produce neat and accurate work with attention to detail
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Effective time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. Following Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.