Debt Collection Officer Job at Kuda Bank – Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors.
Debt Collection Officer Job at Kuda
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Debt Collection Officer Job
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collect payments on past due bills via calls or scheduled/unscheduled visits.
- Use credit bureau, background checks and other information to locate, create and manage a list of people who have not made payments according to severity of delinquency.
- Inform clients of overdue accounts and amount currently owed and utilize computer systems to handle skip tracing.
- Attempt to collect payment.
- Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses account reconciliations, payment application, recording of adjustments (write-offs, credit memos, etc.), name changes etc.
- Listen to customer’s story and determine if debt can be collected or record new commitment to repay debt.
- Set up repayment plans and new terms of sale.
- Offer advice or refer customers to debt counselors.
- Initiate repossession proceedings or hand over account to the recovery team that specializes in debt collection.
- Purge records if debt has been satisfied and report satisfied debts to credit bureaus.
- Adhere with relevant regulations, policies and processes in dealing with debt collection.
- Purge records from deceased people.
Measures of Success:
- Collection rate
- Conversion rate
- Customer Satisfaction Index
- # of Cost Saving Initiatives Implemented
- % Training Evaluation
- Database Management
- Good Knowledge of Technology (lending applications)
- Results Orientation
- In-depth Knowledge of Consumer Lending
- Emotional Intelligence
- Relationship Management (including collaboration & teamwork)
- Effective Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Continuous Learning & Improvement
- Self-Assured, Confident and Assertive
- Effective Listening
- Calm under pressure
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Degree or Diploma preferred
- At least 1 – 4 years’ experience in a similar role within the Financial services industry.
- Knowledge of research tools and access to market research
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online