Design Associate Job at UnoCasa – UnoCasa is a full service Human Resources Consultancy business with focus on Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and Consultancy services. Our raison d’etre is the notion that your people are your advantage and proffer people-centric solutions to ensure your team accomplish your business goals.
Design Associate Job at UnoCasa
We are not your run of the mill HR Company, we believe in team diversity and teamwork; we believe that the workplace should have an ambience that inspires productivity of the team; and the application of technologies to enhance efficiency. We know that every business is unique and tailor HR solutions to your organisation’s needs. Our clients are in various sectors not limited to engineering, education, health oil & gas, government, media, finance, retail, lifestyle, consultancy firms and services
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Design Associate Job Description
What do I do?
- I have a variety of businesses ranging from Real Estate services such as Architecture, Construction, Interior Decor and Design to technology-based interests such as Technology Startups Angel investing. These will be explained in detail.
- I run and manage an Architectural Design and Build company where we provide Real Estate solutions and services to individuals, SMEs, Corporate organizations and the government. We have developed head office complexes and branches for banks, AMCON, NB Plc, hotels and apartment buildings in Lagos and Abuja. We have also developed student hostels in the University of Benin and Bayero University in Kano state. We have developed and remodelled private residences in Lekki Phase 1, Ikoyi and VGC in Lagos, and a Royal Palace in Imo state. We are currently reconstructing some Police Stations destroyed during the #ENDSARS protest of 2020 all in Lagos and a partner firm in designing and developing a massive Estate in the middle of town Ogudu Foreshore Estate.
- I am curious about technology, and I express this interest in angel investing in startups I find impressive. Kobo360, SEND, Mecho Autotech, Engage and LiveVend are some of the startups in my portfolio.
- I need an associate to help optimize operational efficiencies in my businesses. This person will put in the appropriate structure and processes to effectively improve my work.
Design Associate Job Target Candidate
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields.
- Creative mind.
- Someone that knows how to create designs and understands the processes to bring said designs to life.
It is Important that the Candidate:
- Has architecture or design background,
- Has excellent time management skills,
- Works excellently well with others,
- Is very detail-oriented,
- Is very organized and
- Possesses a growth mindset.
- This person should also have a basic knowledge of the tech ecosystem in Africa.
- Essentially, there is a mix of both an Executive Assistant and a Design Associate therefore this position is for someone who does not have a lot of experience, a recent graduate or a first-job seeker is a suitable candidate.
What You are Bringing to the Table
- Your main responsibility is to improve my effectiveness and efficiency through research, documentation, operational support.
- Some practical skills that you need to succeed in this position.
- You have a creative mind. You spend your time thinking up interesting designs and finding ways to actualize them.
- You find happiness in the day-to-day operations of a business.
- You continually look for ways to improve processes and consequently, productivity.
- You are excited to put down ideas and thoughts in form of writing and documentation. You are an organised person, therefore, you have organised thoughts as well.
- You enjoy reading and finding out more information about topics you see online. You are detail-oriented and you like having comprehensive knowledge of subjects.
- You possess amazing time management skills. You know how to prioritise your most important work.
- You know how to use appropriate tools to solve problems. You have a clear understanding of tools needed for remote work; Google Workspace, Slack, etc.
- You are a pro using Revit, SketchUp, 3ds Max or any 2D and 3D modelling tools.
Why this Might not be a Good fit for you
While this may be an interesting opportunity for you, there are some reasons you might not want to work with me.
- I push people to be the best they can possibly be in the shortest time possible, therefore patients is a virtue I am learning.
What you stand to gain from me.
- Salary: N200,000 – N250,000 monthly.
- Money: Attractive compensation for an entry-level position.
- Bonuses on a project basis are very attractive too!
- Knowledge: You will be working very closely with me and you will get to witness my skills first-hand. I will teach or at least try to teach you all I have learnt from being in the real estate industry for over 2 decades.
- Support: As we work together and you prove yourself, you will have all my support to achieve your personal and career goals
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply
Stage 1: Application + Cover Letter
- Fill the application form.
- Attach a one-page resume.
- Attach a (properly written) cover letter of 300 words or less.
- Attach your portfolio of previous design work done (does not need to be paid work).
- Attach a piece you wrote that you are most proud of.
- From the application submission, some candidates will be shortlisted, notified and given instructions on how to proceed to the next stage.
Stage 2: Assessment:
- A test to examine your skill level and expertise.
Stage 3: Interviews:
- If you pass the test excellently, you will be invited for an interview.
- A second interview for second opinions.
- The whole process should take less than 4 weeks.
- A decision will be made after the second interview and the best fit will be selected.
- If this is of any interest to you and you think you are the best fit I spoke of earlier, please fill this form to proceed.