Director of Offline Sales Job – Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
Director of Offline Sales Job
JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Offline Sales
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Marketing – Sales – J-Force
- Drive day to day performance steering and management to deliver the Offline Sale KPIs.
- Manage the execution of the Offline Sales plan, ensure Jumia always has for each JForce consultant and their customer, the right products at the best price, at the right place.
- Support massive and complex JForce operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Understand markets trends, JF consultants, vendors, and customers. Continuously bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your recommendations.
- Build analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories, working alongside Commercial Planning team to deliver best in class performance steering.
- Owning the planning and execution of JForce’ s partnerships with brands, offering them a revolutionary way to get their products to the customers.
- Ensuring tight control on budget used for indirect commissions and subsidy.
- Work very closely with the commercial department to plan the campaigns in accordance with their own capacity and schedule.
- Work seamlessly with all other departments (Marketing, JS, Operations, Finance…), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus executions.
- Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability, reduce costs and minimize our working capital investment.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our processes.
- Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis
Expected Background and Technical Skills:
- An ideal candidate would possess significant (7-10 years) experience in;
- Sales and /or offline retail industry, Team management and a proven track record of impact.
- Building networks
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- We expect someone passionate, creative, and able to work efficiently. We expect a leader.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date for Director of Offline Sales Job
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online