Engineering Manager Job at Etsy – Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.’s ‘house of brands’ portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands – Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Engineering Manager Job at Etsy
Job: Engineering Manager Job Creator at Etsy
- $10,000 per month
What’s the role?
Etsy is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a team focused on building out video content creation tools in our seller app (Sell on Etsy). This is a full-time role within the Visual Discovery Initiative on our Creator team. The Creator team works closely with the Discovery team, which is responsible for building out video content discovery on our buyer app (Buy on Etsy)
This is a full-time position reporting to the Visual Discovery Engineering Lead. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the US who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and vaccination policy .
What’s this team like at Etsy?
- Lead a team of 5 to 8 app (iOS, Flutter) and API engineers to build out video content creation tools on our seller app. At Etsy, engineering managers have a limited role in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large role in orchestrating and coaching engineers to achieve results together.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent.
- Partner cross-functionally with product management, design, user-research, and analytics to deliver innovative video creation features on our seller app
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and advocate for the engineers on your team.
- Work with other leaders within engineering to develop and evolve engineering processes and best practices
- You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of your team’s roadmap.
- Foster a culture of learning, collaboration and thoughtful delivery on your teams
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Strive to understand your customers and keep them at the center of the solutions you build
- Are an experienced leader who brings both technical acuity and leadership skills to build hard-working teams
- Know how to apply process judiciously to amplify your team’s work and deliver products more effectively
- Have the ability to make decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals
- Excel in a product engineering environment with an emphasis on experimentation and metrics.
- Have a track record of using communications, facilitation, and active listening skills to foster a collaborative and inclusive culture on your team
- Have a passion for great documentation, whether it’s for code, system design, or making group decisions.
- Nice to Have
- Have a passion for building mobile apps or cross platform apps (experience with video content creation a plus, but not required)
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We’re open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.