Finance Manager – Intelligent innovations is a technology company that provides custom and bespoke technology solutions to large, medium, and small organizations across various sectors. We help our clients and end consumers by continuous innovation of value-added services and improvements in their technology and processes. We also back this up with a high degree of quality in service delivery. Our expertise spans various industry verticals and our experience gives our clients a stable technology and process foundation which allows them to focus on their primary business priorities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting all project financing and accounting activities, maintaining financial procedures and systems, accounting, auditing, reporting, tax, budgeting, and working capital management.
- Responsible for strategic financial planning and management reporting activities in the organization.
- Lead project financing activities, including financial analysis, budgeting, invoicing, timely and accurate bank reconciliations, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations.
- Lead the preparation of company and project budgets and monitor their implementation.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Management Reports, Budgets, and Financial plans and ensures compliance with statutory regulations.
- Ensures the prompt reporting of financial performance at period end (e.g., income, balance sheet position, bank reconciliation) including relevant insightful analysis.
- Monitor financial controls for effectiveness and efficiency and ensure identified lapses are escalated on a timely basis.
- Ensure revenue reporting is done in line with the provisions of IFRS15.
- Manages and controls receivable General Ledger accounts.
- Prompt collection of receivables from clients.
- Performs monthly review of the general ledger and ensure they are backed up with relevant schedules.
- Preparation of monthly Tax Returns – PAYE, VAT & WHT and handling all Tax Matters.
- Variance analysis of forecast to actual and explanation of those variances.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and perform financial analysis to aid effective decision-making.
- Draft accounting policy and procedure manuals, regularly update and ensure compliance.
- Maintain records and receipts of all financial transactions.
- Act as a key point of contact with external partners including merchants, clients, and vendors on payments, logistics, billing, and invoicing.
- Take responsibility for processing purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist in the company’s financial procedures which include but are not limited to audit, tax, and budgeting processes.
- Monitor the company’s working capital and ensure data integrity in all financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related fields.
- Professional qualification: ICAN or CFA is preferable.
- 5+ years work experience in a similar role with sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles; 2 must be in a supervisory/managerial role.
- Proficiency using popular accounting software; QuickBooks will be an added advantage.
- Ability to ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ethical principles and ability to manage confidential and sensitive financial information.
- Attention to detail.
- Good Management abilities.
- Knowledge of GAAP/ IFRS.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant accounting tools.
What is accounting?
Accounting is the process of recording financial transactions pertaining to a business. The accounting process includes summarizing, analyzing, and reporting these transactions to oversight agencies, regulators, and tax collection entities.