Head of Communication Job at Valuebridge – Valuebridge Consulting – Our client is a Nigerian citizens sector organisation established in 2003, focused on improving citizens’ participation in governance and in promoting Open Government Partnerships. The organisation is driven by the desire for a more transparent and accountable government, and citizens empowered to actively participate in governance processes.
Head of Communication Job at Valuebridge
The organisation’s vision is a society with its people fully empowered, realising their full potentials and readily asserting the full measure of their citizenship under the most transparent and accountable governance possible. The Client is currently repositioning herself to expand her service offerings and resource base.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Communication Job
Job Ref: 002
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
- Prospects would be high performing individuals who are passionate about the drive and vision of the organisation. If you meet the requirements and are ready to grow in a vibrant and engaging work environment, please apply below.
- To ensure the stakeholders are positively disposed to the organisation at all times and are well-positioned to act on the organisation’s behalf.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, update and oversee the implementation of the organisation’s communication and stakeholder management strategy.
- Support respective departments to communicate effectively with their stakeholders.
- Manage media relations through the development of a media contact list and a positive professional relationship with various members of the media.
- Perform organisational risks and threats analysis and develop strategies to address negative or damaging information about the organisation.
- Project a positive organisational image to the public.
- Deploy the most effective communication materials and channels in implementing communication strategies for programs, events, and promotions.
Leadership and Management:
- Oversee the Communications Department to ensure targets are met.
- Supervise direct reports and ensure the well-being of the department’s staff.
- Ensure departmental budget is submitted within given timelines.
- Ensure cost efficiency in the department in line with the organisation’s financial strategy/plans.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in communication, social sciences or business.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- 8 years’ cognate experience of which three (3) should be in a managerial position and five (5) in communication management.
- Proficiency in social media management and strategic communications
- Experience in a media communications company will be an advantage.
- Deep networks in the media will also be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online