Head of Sales Job at Jumia – Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
Head of Sales Job at Jumia
JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Sales – External Clients
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Services – Sales
- The Head of Sales – will report to the Country Manager with functional reporting to the Director of Sales and this will help ensure standard of services are pitched in similar fashion.
- Primary responsibilities are to develop and maintain business relationships with customers and prospects by exploring opportunities focused on third party logistics solutions, in addition to selling Jumia’s full portfolio of services.
- Day-to-day prospecting and new business lead generation
- Develop competitive solutions and proposals resulting in new business and partnerships
- Complete day-to-day administrative duties including Customer Relationship Management maintenance – managing appropriate pipeline and updating key customer information.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers on a regular basis, including frequent on-site visits.
- Development and execution of a structured client onboarding plan
- Communicate issues and concerns with operations and senior management when required
- Participate in rate schedule development and contracts for both new and existing business
- Responsible for creating and delivering high quality presentations pitches to the customer – both virtual and in person.
- Planning, tracking and reporting of sales goals
- End to end participation on all team structure hiring, training and performance management
- Development and building of team morale and coerciveness
- Responsible for the cascading, monitoring and execution of team KPIs in line with business strategy
- Leading, coaching, developing and supervising the efforts of junior staff
- Active involvement in the development of functional/industry practices
- A completed Master’s Degree from an accredited university; An MBA, Business Management degree or relevant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills – assess, design and sell a given solution
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience within the transportation/logistics industry
- Strong knowledge base of the industry and marketplace
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business
- Strong sales background and capability
Skills and Competencies for Head of Sales Job at Jumia:
- Interested in building a career with a growth-oriented company
- Driven to make money with a talent for negotiating
- Able to build client relationships quickly Experience with process design and improvement
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
- Strong analytical skills
- Pro-active attitude, entrepreneur, able to work both independently and within a team.
- Hardworking, result-oriented, methodical and very structured
- Desire to succeed in a sales goal-driven environment
- Ability and availability to travel as business needs dictate
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communicator who can articulate the value proposition of the Company
What We Offer
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online