HR Manager Job at Nicole – Nicole Sinclair – Nicole Sinclair is a dynamic Human Resources Consulting firm based in Lagos, Nigeria. Our expertise lies in superior talent attraction services while we partner with our esteemed clients in providing training solutions to develop these talents.
HR Manager Job at Nicole
Our client in the Hospitality business is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager Job
- Our client seeks for immediate employment the services of a Human Resources Manager who will work closely with the Executive Management and Line Managers to design and implement HR systems that back up strategic business goals of their apartment hotel.
- Coordinate the development of human resource plans.
- Ensure existing Human Resource Policies, Procedures, and staff handbook are updated in line with statutory requirements, good practice.
- Create accurate job descriptions for all job roles in the apartment hotel.
- Liaise with departmental managers in creating work schedules for their team members.
- Monitor and ensure staff compliance with work schedules.
- Ensure operational HR activities and processes are correctly followed and that the frontline HR team provides accurate and timely advice and guidance to managers.
- Monitor the weekly roaster of all departments.
- Monitor daily attendance of staff and investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Has responsibility for the welfare of all staff.
- Coordinate and implement annual leave plans for staff.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire
- Provide advice and assistance to departmental managers on staff recruitment.
- Prepare notices and advertise for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews.
- Conducts reference and guarantor’s checks on possible candidates.
- Manage the delivery of induction sessions of newly employed staff.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Ensure robust performance management systems are in place to promote a culture of performance across the apartment hotel i.e. attendance, discipline and capacity development.
- Create documents and forms needed to conduct performance evaluations.
- Provide support to ensure that performance evaluations are being used to effectively manage the apartment hotel operations.
- Conduct skill gap analysis across all departments to determine the training needs of staff.
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations.
- Organize quarterly and annual performance review sessions
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops, and activities
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for identifying, planning, delivering, and measuring training and development opportunities.
- Ensure training outcomes are appropriately measured and reported on.
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure controls of training and development expenditure are within agreed budgets.
- Liaise with other managers to understand all necessary aspects of their learning and development needs.
- Build a succession plan and ensure training is aligned to support the plan.
- Ensure training activities meet and integrate with the organization’sstrategies and policies.
- Manage payroll ensuring accuracy, and reporting on performance relative to budgets
- Ensures all payroll transactions are processed efficiently
- Collect, calculate, and input data in order to maintain and update payroll information
- Resolves payroll discrepancies
- Compile summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the HR Information Systems
- Record and process employee information including annual leave, salaries, and working hours
- Oversee system upgrades in collaboration with the Information Technology (IT) department.
- Resolve staff’ issues and handle complaints to protect the general interests
- Ensure matters relating to payroll, disciplinary issues, leaves administration, pension are addressed appropriately.
- Develop and ensure healthy work relationships and a supportive work atmosphere
- Stay up to date with employment law and relevant codes of practice
- Provide advice to department managers on how to deal with employees.
Competencies / Skill / Requirements
- B.Sc in relevant field.
- MSc. or HR certification is also an added advantage
- At least 5-7 experience in a similar capacity
- Strong knowledge of labor laws and regulations
- Practical experience with HR database administration, including payroll systems.
- Minimum of 5 years HR Administrative and strategic HR experience gained in a hotel, hospital /cafeteria/engineering firm will be an added advantage
- Proven experience in recruitment and training
- Supervisory and team-building skills.
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies, and procedures
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Research and program development skills.
- Time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Negotiations skills
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective public relations and public speaking skills
- Stress management skills.
- Upbeat and energetic
- The candidate must be within the age of 35 to 40 years.
Application Closing Date For HR Manager Job at Nicole
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online