Internal Controller Officer Job – Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Internal Controller Officer Job
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Internal Controller Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist in maintaining financial controls with respect to assigned functional areas.
- Reports to Head, Internal Control
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate accounting procedures including month-end procedures and timetables for the month-end and year-end closing for assigned functional area.
- Prepare month-end financial statements and analysis of expenditures for assigned functional area.
- Provide assistance in resolving queries and preparation of cost centre reports.
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are properly maintained, reconciled and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Identify control issues such as undefined balances, un-posted entries, balance sheet imbalances, etc. and raising queries for resolution of these issues.
- Monitor the status of budget spending/ activity and review financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with DCP Nigeria’s finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Financial Control & Reporting.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or it’s equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Requirements, Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development Opportunities.