Managed Security Services Engineer – Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
Managed Security Services Engineer
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managed Security Services Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- Security Services Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, integration, configuration, development, and support of all stages of the security services (SD-WAN, SASE, DDoS etc.) Process.
- This includes troubleshooting and optimizing already existing networks to get them up to speed. You may also need to provide demonstrations, assisting the sales teams with technical experience, and helping to cut costs and streamline operations.
The Security Services Engineer’s responsibilities shall also include:
- Integrate SD-WAN, SASE, DDoS and other security solutions
- Ability to demonstrate the effectiveness of a range of managed security solutions
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Interpret Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and apply them to appropriate network devices.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging cloud security solutions and technologies
- Participate in company’s tier 2 and tier 3 security operations support
- Participate in security incident analysis relating to offered services handling
- Work on positively impacting the operational potency of managed security solutions
- Day-to-day observance of the operational impact of the deployed services performance
- Threat response to security incidences, performing actions that isolates client’s network
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- First Degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 year experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing.
- At least 3 years of system, network and/or application security experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with WAN related technologies.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Strong understanding of a process driven environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills
- CCSP or Security+ certification or equivalent.
- Consistent implementation of managed security solutions at different levels.
- At least 2 years of experience working with: Systems security, Network security, Firewalls, IDS / IPS, vulnerability assessments, incident response.
- Knowledge of network routing and security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, SSL, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, and VLANs.
- Analyze events and logs using security event management tools.
Demands of the Job
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong customer service experience and orientation required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve systems problems and issue.
- Availability to work extra hours in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Understand and manage the pressure of a 24×7 customer support environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 3pm; 7th March, 2022.