Network Security Engineer Job – Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
Network Security Engineer Job
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Security Engineer Job
Job Type: Permanent
- The Network Security Engineer will ensure that applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards, thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
- He will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews on all Company’s IPNGN infrastructures.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Ensure the overall security posture of the network
- Secure network by enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Participate in company’s tier 2 and tier 3 security operations support
- Participate in incident handling
- Interpret Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and apply them to appropriate network devices
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
- Mentor junior members of the IP and security team
- Participate in security compliance efforts (e.g., PCIDSS and ISO27001)
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3 – 4 years experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing.
- At least 3 years of system, network and/or application security experience.
- 3 – 4 years of experience working with: Cisco Routers & Switches, operating systems, (e.g. Windows and/or Linux), Network Administration, and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Strong understanding of a process driven environment.
- CCNA, CCSP or Security+ certification or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong customer service experience and orientation required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- At least 2 years of experience working with: Systems security, Network security, Firewalls, IDS / IPS, vulnerability assessments, incident response.
- Consistent implementation of security solutions at different levels.
- Knowledge of network routing and security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, SSL, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, and VLANs.
- Analyze events and logs using security event management tools.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
Demands of the Job
- Availability to work extra hours in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Understand and manage the pressure of a 24×7 customer support environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve systems problems and issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 3pm; 7th March, 2022.