Ongoing Recruitment at 9mobile – 9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
Ongoing Recruitment at 9mobile
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, GL & Reconciliation
- This position manages relevant general ledger accounts and ensures they are properly stated at all times and that all assets and liabilities are properly disclosed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS.
- This position will lead and manage the general accounting transactions, monthly close process and assist in financial statement preparation.
- It provides guidance on regular performance reporting for management.
- Provide leadership in guiding the general ledger staff and other internal stakeholders on periodic internal and external audits and other statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and manage effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on accounting for the business transactions.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
- Manage required resources (personnel and others) to achieve the unit’s goals.
- Monitor financial procedures and controls in the light of identified risks and gaps.
- Applies working knowledge and technical accounting principles and practices, financial close processes and controls and financial statement preparation to daily work
- Demonstrate appreciable working knowledge of IFRS, Nigerian GAAP and other relevant rules and regulations pertaining to the telecommunications industry.
- Provide input into the unit’s annual budget.
- Manage an enhanced financial transaction posting process to ensure that company’s financial information is of agreed quality and integrity.
- Manage interdepartmental collaboration within EMTS to ensure that all financial information is complete and correctly captured in the books of accounts.
- Review reconciliation of Balance Sheet ledger balances.
- Review the business division’s inputs into the company’s accrual/commitments.
- Assist with accounting for non-recurring transactions and review of qualification of costs in accordance with company policy.
- Provide research, guidance and technical memos to business function within the organisation.
- Research and implement new accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with the external auditors to support external financial reporting, audit and tax requirements.
- Review and approve relevant general ledger system journal entries.
- Review monthly reports of OPEX spend.
- Understand and ensure compliance with IFRS, IAS and relevant GAAP.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes and provision of month-end schedules as requested.
- Analyse general ledger account balances and provide variance analysis.
- Assist Financial Planning Analysis with Budgeting and Strategic Planning Process.
- Provide generalised financial information and assistance to employees and management.
- Update and/or develop general accounting instructions/manual.
- Assist with the implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide periodic written reports and verbal updates on the status of routine activities and special projects.
- Coordinate staff activities within the unit.
- Provide support to Business managers and other staff members on financial issues.
- Ensure adequate training and development of team members to upgrade their skills and knowledge.
- Plan and coordinate all activities within span of control, shifting personnel between job assignments as required to achieve group objectives.
- Use individual initiative and personal problems solving skills in resolving all but the most significant issues
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognised university.
- Professional qualification (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc.)
- Post Graduate degree – an added advantage
- 6 to 8 years work experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.