Being an Operator – Hydroelectric Energy in Pemberton is to work with the operations team to operate the hydroelectric power plants by way of conducting and documenting all regular monitoring and maintenance. Your experience and your ability to be and work on your own while reporting to a team will make you an ideal candidate.
Operator – Hydroelectric Energy
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by April 3, 2022.
Do you have experience as a Millwright, Industrial Electrician or Mechanic, Electrotechnician, Lift Mechanic or Welder?
Are you interested in renewable energy?
Do you want to be part of a growing company and a team of experienced professionals?
- Operate the hydroelectric power plants by way of conducting and documenting all regular monitoring and maintenance;
- Carry out all actions required to optimize the output and production of the power plants;
- Participate in the set-up and monitoring of a Preventative Maintenance program for plants’ and facilities’ equipment including their electrical and mechanical testing and repair;
- Perform maintenance, annual maintenance and repair of the power plant;
- Read electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings;
- Carry out all necessary actions for the troubleshooting and resolution of alarms generated by the hydroelectric power plants to minimize downtime (availability 24 hours a day) when on duty;
- Manage and/or assist any specialized contractors needed to perform maintenance and repairs at the power plants;
- Participate in the daily work planning and operations activities;
- Adhere to and implement the Occupational Health and Safety standards of WorkSafe BC and Innergex;
- Adhere to a variable work schedule and reside at the Innergex residence while at the facility.
The site and work details:
- The site is a remote work site located approximately 120 minutes out of Pemberton and Harrison Hot Spring (the marshalling points);
- Employees’ work schedule is 8 days on and 6 days off at 10 hours per day for a total of 80 working hours per two (2) week period. Travel time between the marshalling point and the site is included in these hours;
- Employees are provided with a pickup truck for travel between the marshalling point and site and for use on site;
- Employees are required to stay at company-provided accommodations while on shift;
- Employees are provided with furnished accommodation while working on site: cable TV, telephones and internet access are available;
- Employees are provided with a Living out Allowance for each day they are on site.
Your skills, our requirements!
- Training and experience as a Millwright, Industrial Electrician or Mechanic, Electrotechnician, Lift Mechanic or Welder;
- Certification as a Journeyman is an asset;
- Must posses a valid BC driver’s license in good standing
- Must have an appreciation for outdoors;
- Experience with 4-wheel drives and snowmobiles is required (Class 1 driver’s licence, an asset).
- Experience in instrumentation, an asset;
- Experience in troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices, an asset;
- Experience with hydro plant operations, an asset.
- The position is based at our hydroelectric power plants outside of Pemberton, BC.
- You need to be comfortable in spending many consecutives days in the bush, at camp;
- You must commit to further education relevant to the role: Innergex provides formal and in-house training, as required.
Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. is an independent renewable energy producer with an extensive and growing portfolio of assets in Canada, the United States, France and Chile. The Corporation develops, acquires, owns and operates hydroelectric facilities, wind farms, solar farms and energy storage facilities.
For 30 years, Innergex has believed in a world where abundant renewable energy promotes healthier communities and creates shared prosperity. We are convinced that generating power from renewable sources will lead the way to a better world. We remain committed to responsible growth that balances people, our planet, and prosperity. We believe in offering an engaging, inclusive and supportive work environment where each team member can thrive.
Innergex employees are offered competitive wages, group benefits, a dynamic work environment, and the opportunity to contribute to building a better world.
Innergex is an equal opportunity employer that values each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Innergex is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment and bases all employment decisions on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. The key to our success as a global company is to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.