Payroll and Benefits Administrator – Want to be part of a team that’s changing the way Canada travels? As Canada’s largest independent ultra-low-cost airline, that’s exactly what we’re doing at Flair Airlines. By consistently offering airfares that are a fraction of the ticket prices of “those other airlines”, we are making air travel an affordable option for millions of couch-bound Canadians.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Yes, we’re an airline, but we truly believe that our product is our people. Low fares are important, but it takes great people delivering consistently outstanding customer-focused service to build brand loyalty.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Payroll & Benefits, or designate, the Payroll & Benefits Administrator delivers accurate and timely payroll and benefits processing to employees across various pay groups, including responding to employee enquires and assisting the Supervisor, Payroll & Benefits with resolving payroll and benefit-related issues.
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator will be based out of Edmonton, Alberta (YEG), and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Primary Job Functions:
The duties of the Payroll & Benefits Administrator include:
- First point of contact for employee and supervisory enquiries relating to pay and benefits for all employees
- Administration of company benefit programs; this will include employee enrollment with the benefit provider(s), activating payroll deductions
- Responsible for entry and maintenance of existing employees and new hires, terminations, changes in personal information, and salary changes increases, into the integrated Payroll & HRIS system and the benefit provider(s);
- Provide strong communications with all stakeholders (internal and external) as required i.e. employees, management, Human Resources, Insurance groups, government agencies, courts and other administrative bodies;
- Assist the Supervisor, Payroll & Benefits with preparing and processing payroll entries and reports across various pay groups utilizing ADP or similar
- Assist the Supervisor, Payroll & Benefits with time sheet audit, verifying, balancing, adjusting entries from the electronic Time & Attendance system or similar
- Provided support and assistance to all managers and employees for time and attendance
- Prepares and files Record of Employment (ROE) forms
- Responds to internal and external inquiries related to payroll data and processes
- Working with the entire Payroll Team to ensure compliance with all governmental laws and regulations with respect to payroll and benefits
- Such other duties as assigned by the company from time to time
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum High School or equivalent
- Minimum three to five years of directly related payroll and benefits experience
- Must have experience in payroll accounting
- Enrolled or completed Canadian Payroll Association Certificate- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP);
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite; particularly advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- ADP/WFN an Avanti payroll experience is an asset
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify and research problems
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Adept at managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and effective time management
- A thorough understanding of legislative requirements as they impact Payroll is critical
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting and human resources principles and concepts is required
Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program, a defined contribution pension plan (matched contributions), and a staff travel program.
How to Apply:
. Applications should clearly demonstrate how your skills meet, or surpass, the requirements of the position of Payroll, and Benefits Administrator. Further information about the Company can be found at
At Flair Airlines, we work together to promote an inclusive environment that attracts talented individuals and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We are devoted to creating equitable, inclusive, and diverse workspaces and we encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
We wish to thank everyone who applies, however, due to the number of applications received only those shortlisted will be contacted. We cannot accommodate phone inquiries.
We look forward to meeting you at Flair Airlines!