Risk Analyst – Operational Auditing
- The main function of a Risk Analyst is to analyze and manage risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational or enterprise risks for an organization.
- A typical Risk Analyst utilizes knowledge of tax and insurance strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate.
- Interprets organizations assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives.
- Analyze organizations financial status and develops financial plans based on analysis of data.
- Recommend, develop, and implement risk management programs to reduce losses and insurance costs.
- Researches accidents or losses involving company personnel or products.
- Maintain input or data quality of risk management systems.
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
- Produce reports or presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, or recommend changes.
- Execute audits for an assigned business, function or project and/or provide audit expertise and execute audit processes as part of a team or as an individual contributor. May lead simple to less complex audits, related engagements and/or projects/initiatives.
Key Accountabilities Customer:
- Conduct audit work based on established audit plans and execute the audit in accordance with established standards ensuring completion
- Develop/contribute to the audit planning process for specific audits, ensuring appropriate programs and risk assessments are completed accordingly
- Manage the ongoing audit communications process with the client during and subsequent to the audit
- Present objective and independent audit opinion on the adequacy of internal controls in accordance with established professional audit standards, including presentation of findings and recommendations to client and audit management
- Execute follow-up of findings raised from regulatory and internal divisional audits in accordance with firm policy
- Provide subject matter expertise and/or input to audit projects/initiatives as a representative for area of specialization
- Lead/support the audit engagement and risk assessment process to identify key risks and identify opportunities where controls are missing or are inadequate to mitigate these risks
- Adhere to internal policies / procedures, enterprise frameworks and methodologies and applicable regulatory guidelines, contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying control weaknesses/failures, potential opportunities to improve operational efficiencies for own business area
- May develop and provide complex reporting, analysis, and assessments at the functional or enterprise level
- Prioritize and manage own workload to deliver quality results and meet assigned timelines
- Keep current on emerging trends / developments and grow knowledge of the business, analytical tools and techniques and apply them where appropriate
- Develop and deliver audit findings, presentations / communications to management or broader audience
- Contribute to the analysis, due diligence and implementation of initiatives within defined area of responsibility
- Continuously enhance knowledge / expertise in own area Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency
- Establish effective relationships across multiple businesses
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
- Work to achieve individual goals and support other team members in the achievement of team goals and divisional objectives
Breadth & depth:
- Experienced audit professional role providing guidance/ assistance to function supported
- Requires working professional level knowledge of the functional area and/or business areas supported
- May lead simple to less complex engagements/initiatives
- Independently perform tasks from end to end
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Generally reports to an Audit Group Manager or Senior Audit Group Manager role
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Expert knowledge of economic and accounting principles, the financial markets, and reporting of financial data.
- Expert knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to tax and insurance.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related financial software.
Experience & Education:
- Undergraduate degree or relevant professional certifications, accounting designations, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in math or related financial discipline required. An advanced degree in a mathematical or financial discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Virtual- Webex – 1 or 2 rounds