Saro Africa HR Business Partner Job – Saroafrica International Limited is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saroafrica has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition, Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant.
Saro Africa HR Business Partner Job
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HR Business Partner Job
Job Location: Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Also Apply for Saro Africa Job Openings
Duties / Responsibilities
- Will report to the Group executive HR & Admin and develop the HR Plan with the Group executive and SBU Head by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements
- He/She is expected to contribute to the development and the execution of the approved business strategy of the SBU and specifically that which relates to people.
- Assist in providing specific guidance and a human resource roadmap of how to translate SBU’s medium and annual strategic plans into reality.
- Carry out specific initiatives in the people plan of the business
Recruitment / Talent Acquisition:
- Attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry
- Overseeing the recruitment and hiring process report on its performance
- The HRBP will ensure that all new recruits are properly integrated to the business through general and customised induction programmes & onboarding
- Ensure that all recruitments are duly approved and are done consistent with the Saro policies and practices.
- Responsible for overseeing professional reference checks and background checks to verify that candidates are eligible to work for the company
- Implement new sourcing methods
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs
- Review recruitment software and suggest the best option for company needs
- Participate in job fairs and career events
- Review and manage a highly functional compensation, appraisal, welfare & benefit structure that drives attracts, and retains high performing talent
- Perform candidate and employee satisfaction evaluations and workshops
- Build the company’s professional network through relationships with HR professionals, colleges and other partners
Training and Development:
- Responsible for launching employee development initiatives. This could entail additional on-the-job training, professional development programs, or educational opportunities that allow employees to grow and develop in their current roles or prepare them for career advancement within the organisation
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing
Culture / Employee Engagement:
- Share the company’s values, norms, and vision with employees familiarising them with the overall ethics of the organisation
- Identify any shortcomings within the organisation and having the ability to address them effectively.
- Responsible for organising team outings, community building, or recognition programs that can improve healthy work environment
- The HR Business partner is expected to advice and give guidance on disciplinary and welfare issues, expected to assist business leaders in identifying aberrant behaviour, make recommendations on appropriate disciplinary measures to be taken in line with the employee handbook. Develop effective relationships with the business in order to promote good employee relations across the SBU. Carry out survey on impact on values, culture, and anti-values
- Promote an open-door policy for communication.
- Responsible for Performance Management System based on leading practices with the aim to provide a fair and transparent performance management across units
- Resolve problems related to appraisals, such as employee requests for re-evaluation, and ensure that these issues are handled in a fair, professional, and transparent way
- Collect and analyse performance appraisal results across units
- The HR Business partner can be assigned additional responsibilities or roles as may be deemed necessary by the SBU MD and GE HR from time to time. In addition, to performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Relevant HR certifications that demonstrate knowledge/possession of current HR competencies are required (e.g. Associate, Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, Senior/Professional in Human Resources, Human Resources Business Professional). like PHR, SPHR, CIPM, MBA will be an added advantage.
- Applicants should have 4 – 8 years relevant experience in similar role.