Senior Account Officer Job – Baobab Microfinance Bank is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
Senior Account Officer Job
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Account Officer Jobs
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Supervisor: Reporting to the FC / CFO
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyse financial information and summarise financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve eciency and spending.
- Provide technical support and advice on Management account
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants.
- Participate in financial standards implementation and in the forecast process.
- Provide input into the department’s goal setting process.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Work with the internal and external audits.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
- Assist in the Developing and documentation of business processes and accounting
- policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Any other jobs as assigned by the Head Accountant and Financial Controller
- Perform timely and accurate settlement of ALL e-tr’ansactions on ALL channels (POS, Web, Mobile), various payment platforms with the Processors/Switch (e.g. Interswitch, NIBSS) and Partnering/Settlement Bank (e.g. Stanbic IBTC).
- Ensure the timely and accurate remittance of collections via the Bank’s Branches on the various e-payments platforms deployed in the Bank, to the various billers in line with the SLAs.
- Provide accounting procedures (online and settlement entries) for new e-products being launched by the Bank and also ensure that these procedures are smoothly implemented.
- Liaise with stakeholders for review of existing settlement processes with a view providing automation required for increased eciency and amendment / correction / enhancement of existing applications.
Educational / Experience
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics
- 3 – 5 years related experience
- Chartered Accountant Preferred.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.