Senior FPGA Design Engineer will specify, develop, and verify FPGA designs and associated modules for new embedded systems products developed by our client and their customers.
Senior FPGA Design Engineer Job
What you will be doing:
- Design and development for FPGA and FPGA-based SoCs used in new electronic products ranging from simple hardware solutions to highly complex embedded processing systems.
- Develop detailed specifications based on requirements and implement FPGA designs in accordance with those defined requirements and/or specifications.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team to evaluate possible alternatives during the development process and determine best approach based on performance, cost, and resources.
- Perform simulation activities including timing analysis, behavioral, and functional simulations.
- Develop test benches and other test tools as needed to complete verification of FPGA designs.
- Participate in the bring-up of new, custom FPGA-based hardware with support from firmware and electrical engineers.
- Support hardware development through schematic design and in some cases PCBA layout.
- Document ideas, designs, specifications, and instructions to client’s standards.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering staff to promote design team abilities and establish good working practices.
What you will need:
- A 4-year degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of FPGA development or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated skill in developing original designs with VHDL for FPGAs and/or FPGA-based SoCs.
- Strong understanding of FPGA design and architectural concepts as well as the integration with both hardware and software.
- Specific experience with common FPGA platforms such as Xilinx or Intel. Experience with Xilinx family of SoCs and associated interfaces (AXI4 bus, transceivers, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong understanding of tools and methodologies used in the context of FPGA development and integration. Familiarity with source control via established systems such as Git is a plus.
- Experience developing testbenches and applying simulation techniques including timing analysis, etc.
- Working knowledge of electronics development including schematic and PCBA layout tools.
- Demonstrated skill in independently using electronics lab equipment to develop/troubleshoot low-level drivers and hardware integration for interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB, etc.
- Experience designing real-time processing solutions including image/video processing.
Joined since: 03/04/2022
Located in: Zebulon, UNITED STATES
from this user
Job type: Full time
Available posts: 1
Location: Gray, ME,
Required experience: 5-10 years
Required studies: Bachelors Degree
Required languages: English
Start Date: 03/10/2022
Ending in : 36 day(s), 15:45:55
What niches do our recruitment services render?
We specialize in finding expert resources for our client’s hard-to-fill positions in the areas of Information Technology and Manufacturing which are our core industry focus. While addressing all recruitment efforts pertaining to Enterprise Resource Planning and general IT markets, Production, Quality, and C-Level sectors, within the core industry segments. Our goal is to help clients better search for talent in a more efficient approach. Brewington Exec Group will provide cost-cutting techniques that will improve the bottom line, our return on investment is making sure the cultural fit falls in line with our client’s expectations! Following strict protocols that aid the covid-19 standards that each of our clients has in place, as well as, creating an environment that is productive whether in a hybrid setting that has a mixture of onsite and working from home or being fully remote. Our methods of addressing on-the-fly issues have allowed us to stay one step ahead of our competitors. The team at Brewington Exec Group will continue to address the ongoing issues within the market sectors and bring fortitude in our methods of helping our clients find the ideal match for their company objectives.
How do our clients know the talent coming from Brewington Exec Group is the ideal match?
Evaluation, Evaluation, Evaluation! Our job is to make that process notably easier! The core of our recruitment process is building a relationship with the candidate. Understanding their career path and matching our candidates to a client who will benefit most from their skill sets. The old school rule, which the team at Brewington Exec Group never stood for is “Slap a resume against the wall and hope it sticks” is not our motto. Becoming a client with Brewington Exec Group provides the company with the benefit to become part of the recruitment process every step of the way! Our client portal provides the tools of being able to post jobs directly in our ATS system. Having complete candidate transparency and access to our recruitment team to aid with the hiring process leaves no room for error. Curious how this process works in greater detail? Request a meeting below…
What benefits will job seekers have while searching for jobs on Brewington Exec Group?
- They will have the ability to search and apply directly to clients’ W2 contracts and permanent positions.
- Receive emails from the client should the employer seek to move forward on their candidacy.
- Keep track of their submission through our ATS. (Applicant Tracking System)