Web Manager Job at Gavi – Gavi The Vaccine Alliance is a public-private partnership that helps vaccinate half the world’s children against some of the world’s deadliest diseases. The Vaccine Alliance brings together developing country and donor governments, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry, technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private sector partners.
Web Manager Job at Gavi
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Manager – Consultancy
Job No: 051-2022-GAVI-RFQ
Location: Gavi Alliance HQ, Geneva, Switzerland or remote (subject to discussion)
Duration of Assignment: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Contract negotiation and signature: 1-2 weeks
Purpose of the Role
- Gavi is looking for an experienced Web Manager to join their Communications team on a full-time consultancy basis.
- The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager for Digital Engagement and work closely with a Web Content Specialist.
- If you are a self-starter, results-driven and thrive in an international environment, this is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development of the online presence of a highly impactful organisation.
Description of Services
- As the Web Manager you will be responsible for content publication and development, alongside the technical management of Gavi’s corporate website.
- You will work closely with the Website Content Specialist and external agencies to facilitate digital content requirements and UX enhancements and collaborate with our Knowledge Management & Technology Solutions team (KMTS) to ensure the stability and security of the website.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Project manage the maintenance and development of gavi.org as a first-class, public communication tool;
- Support the Web Content Specialist in designing advanced content for gavi.org
- Enable cutting-edge web functionality, design and UX through external agencies
- Perform user acceptance testing to verify critical updates and flag errors to the KMTS team
- Contribute to the work of improving website integration with Gavi-internal data platforms
- Support the transparency reporting work of the KMTS team to meet IATI / PWYF requirements.
- Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with technical management of high-traffic websites
- Thorough technical knowledge of Drupal CMS
- SEO expertise and ability to help content creators improve this
- Excellent communication skills to ensure harmonious and productive relationship management
- Ability to interpret user and stakeholder requirements into functional specifications
- Fluent English and good command of French
- Coding background: HTML, CSS, JS, PHP
- Strong project management skills
- Expertise in website design and user experience workflow (surveys, wireframes, prototypes)
- Advanced familiarity with Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console
- Short-listed candidates maybe asked to complete a timed test to demonstrate their data management, analysis and communication skills.
- Interested parties should respond by completing Annex One and returning their application before midnight on the Closing Date
- Gavi will shortlist and invite for written tests and/or interviews (1-2 weeks)
- We are committed to fostering a just, equitable and diverse culture free from racism and discrimination in which all staff, partners and stakeholders feel empowered, safe and heard.
- As a vaccine organisation and in order to provide duty of care towards its employees, consultants, and individual contractors working on site, Gavi is requiring all of them to confirm that they are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition for engagement with us
Application Deadline 4th April, 2022 (before midnight Geneva Time).